Curve Tech Privacy Notice
Protecting your privacy is important to us at Curve Tech Ltd. Curve provides services and develops software to help merchants sell better and more efficiently and to help our clients better forecast and optimize their business goals. Curve has adopted this privacy notice to guide you through the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of information that you may provide while using Curve’s apps, and services. Curve encourages you to read this privacy notice which sets out how we process your personal information when you use our website and you purchase the Curve solution. Curve is the controller of your personal information in these circumstances and responsible for your personal information.
The Curve solution and website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Clients of Curve should ensure that their own respective privacy notices are updated to reflect the use of the Curve solution on their own sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices, please contact us using the following contact details:
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Raoul Wallenberg 20, Building A, Tel Aviv, Israel
Curve’s solution and website may include links to third-party solutions and websites. We do not control these third-party solutions and websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. If you follow a link from our solution, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- You may give us your name and contact details when you make an enquiry with us, for example if you ask for a demo.
- You may provide us with your name, contact details and financial information when you purchase the Curve solution from us and we will also collect transactional information in that process.
How and why we use your personal information
We collect and process personal information about visitors to our website, our clients and anyone who makes an enquiry with us. We do this in order to deliver services to you, process payments that you make to Curve, learn how to offer you a better product and to respond to enquiries.
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To register you as a new client and set up your user account – We collect information about who you are and your contact details (billing address, email address and telephone numbers). If you use the Curve application on Shopify, we collect the merchant’s shop ID. This enables us to perform our contract with you i.e. to provide you with Curve.
- To process your purchase of a Curve solution including managing payments – We collect information about who you are, contact details (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers), financial information (bank account and payment card details) and information about the transaction. If you use the Curve application on Shopify, we collect the merchant’s shop ID. It is necessary to allow us to carry out our contract with you and necessary for our legitimate interests (in the event we need to recover debts due to us).
- To manage our relationship with you which will include notifying you about changes and updates to our service – We collect Information about who you are, contact details and information about the service you receive from us. It is necessary to do this to allow us to carry out our contract with you so that you know of any changes and updates to the service you receive.
- To administer and protect our business – We collect information about who you are, contact details and technical information about your use of the Curve solution. It is necessary to do this for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services and network security).
- To respond to enquires – We collect your name and email address, or other contact details you provide. We have a legitimate interest in collecting this information to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
- Marketing – If you purchase services from Curve or make an enquiry about purchasing the Curve solution then you will be added to our marketing list. Curve has a legitimate interest to email you if we think that you may be interested in other services that we offer. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us directly.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information so that we can provide the services to you and you fail to provide that personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
We may share your personal information with third parties in event of a sale or merging of our business. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Where we process your personal information
If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) then when you use the Curve website or purchase services from Curve your personal information will be processed outside of the EEA.
Curve Tech is established in Israel and support services will be provided from Israel. Israel is subject to an adequacy decision meaning that personal information can be transferred outside of the EEA to Israel without any further safeguards in place.
Curve, its solutions and its website are hosted by Amazon Web Services in the USA. Amazon Web Services is registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield which is an adequate safeguard for the transfer of personal data outside of the European Union to the USA.
How long we hold your personal information for
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Where you purchase the Curve solution and we are acting as your data processor, it is for you to determine how long the personal information of your customers is retained for and it must be retained for as long as it is necessary for Curve to perform the service.
If you wish to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you then you can ask us at any time and we will respond within the time periods laid down in local data protection laws.
If you are located within the European Economic Area (EEA) then, under certain circumstances you also have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Where we process your personal information because we have your consent to do so you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you reside in the EEA you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your data protection authority. For example in the UK that would be the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Changes to the privacy notice and your personal information
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.